Good Evening Lovelies!
This is a little different for me as I don’t generally post at night! I made these truffles for my students last week however, and I thought that they were just too good not to share. They are super super easy to make, and the best part is that there is no oven involved!
You will need:
- 1 packet of oreos
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 large package of milk chocolate chips
- Grind all of the oreos into a fine powder (a food processor works fabulously for this, a zip lock bag and a hammer works just as well)
- Allow the cream cheese to warm to room temperature. Then mix it, in a large bowl, into the oreo powder.
- You should mix it until it forms a very moist-dough consistency. Mix until all of the oreo is coated and all of the cream cheese is mixed in.
- Roll the mix into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet into the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the balls to solidify.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl (you may have to use half now and half when you run out of chocolate) and melt the chocolate into a smooth, chocolatey consistency! *Check the chocolate every 30 seconds to ensure that it is not burning!
- Remove the oreo rounds from the freezer. Coat the rounds in chocolate and place back on the cookie sheet (it helps to line the cookie sheet with wax paper so that they can be easily removed when the chocolate hardens).
- Continue to coat the oreo balls until you coat all of them. Allow to harden for about 30 minutes.
And there you have it! Yummy, delicious Oren Truffles! A fan favorite and so easy to make! PS I like to double this recipe!