Well, it would seem that the world has just jumped right into FALL since my last blog post!
PSLs are back in full swing (how long until we can start the countdown to the RED Starbucks cups!?)
Football season is well and truly here (yes, that now means that Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, AND Thursdays are for the boys)
AND the trees outside my window are turning colors!
So… I figured it was only fitting to share my next fall favorites with you… lipsticks!
These are colors you can wear to a game, the state fair, dinner on a Saturday and even church on Sunday morning and they’ll leave you feeling cozy and in the mood for some hot chocolate by the fire!
Now… this list is LONG, but bear with me and I promise you’ll leave with at least one new lippy under your belt! All of these colors have been tried and tested by yours truly and I wouldn’t be suggesting them to you if I was unhappy with them in the slightest. Here goes!
PS: as always, click the name for the link to purchase 🙂
From left to right:
- Makeup Forever: Artist Rouge Cream in color C108 Hazel Beige… I am completely obsessed with this color. It is super highly pigmented but really moisturizing on the lip and looks really really natural!
- MAC: Lipstick, Dark Side in Deep Burgundy – wow oh wow am I in love with this color! I find that some lipsticks of this shade do this funky thing where the middle rubs off and you’re left with what looks like only LIPLINER on your outer lip… not a good look honey. This lippy does just the opposite. I wore it to a football game this weekend and I only had to reapply once… ONCE!
- Lancome: Color Design Limited Edition in color 388 Bow and Arrow: Okay ladies, this is dark… even for me but I absolutely adore this color. The pigmentation in this lipstick is insane and it goes on so smoothly! I recommend using a lip liner all over your lip first with this one because I feel like it really helps the lipstick to stay on (oh, and blot blot blot!).
- YSL: Rouge Pur Couture the MATS in 212 Alternative Plum: “I got it from my mama!”… is absolutely true in this sense. My mom introduced me to YSL probably about 9 years ago because of her obsession with their touche Éclat and my love for the company grew from there. This color is AMAZING. Ladies, one of my very best friends has very dark, olive skin (I on the other hand have that celtic freckley skin that everyone want ;)), and it looks perfect on both of us! Sisterhood of the traveling lipstick..
- Bobbi Brown: Luxe Lip Color in Bond: YOU GUYS… I actually cannot rave about this lipstick enough. For a long time I stuck to brands like Chanel and YSL for all of my “high end” makeup needs but one day (way back when) I made my appointment for my prom makeup too late and couldn’t get into Chanel… So I went to Bobbi Brown instead. I had never been happier with my makeup for an event.. the same can be said for their lipstick! It goes on so creamy and I really like the style of the stick.. it seems to glide over my lips really easily with no touch up required. This color and this brand = definite must have for fall lips.
- Too Faced: Melted liquified long wear lipstick: The color I have is velvet and all I am going to say is that you probably don’t want to apply this on a Thursday night if you have other obligations like work or school the next day.. you’ll be in attendance with last night’s lipstick, that’s for sure. I LOVE to style this one with the white on white trend that is becoming so popular.. white jeans, white chunky sweater and NO lipstick stains because this stuff is not coming off!
- Tom Ford: Patent Finish Lip Color in Red Corset: I love this color! I would say that this is the easiest lippy to throw in your purse for a night on the time! It’s packaged in a skinny tube and it is so easy to apply without needing a mirror! It has a really shiny finish that goes on so effortlessly and I just adore the color.
- Charlotte Tilbury: Hot Lips in Hels Bells: okay, if you know me at all you know that every time I come back to the states from the UK I am homesick for days! This lipstick just adds to the homesickness! I have yet to find Charlotte’s products in a US store (if any of you know something I don’t please enlighten me!!!). I love this color and I think it is the perfect shade to transition from summer to fall because it is bright but still plumy-fallish at the same time! LOVE.
- Estee Lauder: Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Crystal Nude: this color is amazing because it is build-able! I find that I can put on one coat and it looks effortless and natural, but then I can blot and add another coat and it is instantly transformed into a nighttime shade! This is definitely a lippy to keep in your purse if you’re heading to happy hour after work!
- Laura Mercier: Creme Smooth Lip Color in Plum Orchid: ladies, this is my party shade for the season! This will turn any mundane, neutral outfit into something that is suave and chic! I LOVE the pop of color that it adds, it has a slight shine to it and also smells delicious!!
- Chantecaille: Lipstick in Cassia: First of all, the packaging of this is so darling and catches everyones eye when you pull it out to reapply! This color is DARLING and I find it is my go to color when I am headed to get drinks with friends! It is another one that goes on so effortlessly and leaves me feeling confident about my lip color!
- SUQQU: Creamy Glow Lipstick in Moist Crimson Red: So I came across this brand while I was online shopping a few weeks ago and I was instantly drawn to this color… it finally came in the mail a few days ago and I couldn’t be more excited! The stick itself features a flatter top than some of the other lipsticks that I own and so I find it so easy to put on without a mirror! This color is the ultimate red lipstick! The finish is glossy and super moisturizing! I am obsessed with this brand right now.
- Chanel: Rouge Coco Stylo in Conte: Anyone who knows me is very much aware of my love for Chanel so this lippy is last on the list but far from least. I have been obsessed with Chanel beauty products since the tender age of 12 when my mom finally let me start wearing makeup! My chanel collection is a bit out of hand, and I have several of these lippy sticks. This color is my favorite (at any point in the year)! This color is specifically perfect because it is such a warm color of pink and it warms up any outfit!
Well ladies, there you have it! My official round up of fall lippy colors! Thank you for bearing with me and I hope you’ll find just one of these as delightful as I do!